Honeymoon in the Blue Ridge Mountains
Heron’s Nest Cottage Suite
Heron’s Nest at Fox Hill Bed & Breakfast and Cottage Suites is a truly unique, comfortable, and private retreat perfect for romantic getaways in Virginia. Tucked into a separate wing of our main stable with views of the paddock and riding ring, this Cottage Suite provides the ultimate “get-away-from-it-all” experience, ideal for a Blue Ridge Mountain honeymoon or couple’s retreat. Designed in rustic European style, Heron’s Nest is a wonderful alternative to a cabin rental. It features a living room with cathedral ceiling and sliding glass doors leading to your own porch with private outside entrance, separate bedroom with queen bed, full bath with shower, and fully equipped kitchen with dining area.
P.S.: Kids and families also love this Cottage Suite as it has plenty of room: Mom & Dad have their own bedroom, the sofa bed in the living room is just right for kids, and a friendly horse (Cody) and miniature donkey (Bug) graze in a nearby paddock (they love visitors!)
Heron’s Nest can accommodate a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children.
Heron’s Nest Cottage Suite is equipped with:
- Separate bedroom with one queen bed
- Double sofa bed in living room (suitable for kids only)
- Private bath with shower, exhaust fan and heat
- Fully equipped kitchen with range, refrigerator, sink and microwave
- Dining area
- Separate living room with sliding glass doors leading to porch
- Private covered porch
- All cooking utensils, dishes, toaster, coffee maker (with filters and starter supply of coffee), dish towels, dish soap, etc.
- Towels and bed linens
- Private outside entrance
- Individually controlled heat and AC
- Satellite TV / Music with remote control
- Ironing board (an iron is available upon request)
- Hair dryer
- Floor fan
- Windows that open for fresh air
- Free Wi-Fi is available in the living room, front porch and back deck of the B&B, a short walk up the driveway from Heron’s Nest
- Light mid-week maid service for week-long visits
- Full concierge service
Heron’s Nest Cottage Suite is pet friendly with advance notice – please visit our Dogs Welcome page for details.