A Pet Friendly, Magical Retreat in the Shenandoah Valley
Welcome to Fox Hill Bed & Breakfast Suites located halfway between Staunton and Lexington, Virginia, offering either B&B Suites or Kitchen Suites.
We invite you to unwind and surround yourself with the beauty and peace of our 38-acre country retreat. Curl up in the living room by our soaring field-stone fireplace, or relax on the front porch and watch the clouds float over the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our grounds provide endless opportunities to commune with nature: stroll in the shade along our spring-fed stream as bluebirds swoop by, watch a Blue Heron fish for dinner in our two-tier garden pond as you are serenaded by a chorus of frogs, and wander in our lovely gardens…all the while surrounded by spectacular mountain views. When you are ready for more activity, you can romp in our meadows and walking trails with your favorite companions: Fox Hill Bed & Breakfast Suites has been recognized as a favorite pet friendly “doggie destination” in the Shenandoah Valley by Hampton Roads Magazine.
Here you can chose between two lodging options:
- A Spacious Bed & Breakfast Suite
- A Private Kitchen Suite with separate bedroom, living room and fully-equipped kitchen
All of our Suites have HD Satellite TV with full HBO and Showtime, queen-size beds and lots of space to stretch out and relax; most have Heat-N-Glo fireplaces and private outside entrances. Please visit our B&B Suites or Kitchen Suites pages for detailed descriptions, amenities and pictures of each suite.
There are so many things to see and do here, and we are happy to provide maps, itineraries and tell you about our favorite adventures including:
- Explore the Blue Ridge Mountains and National Forest by foot, horseback, bicycle, canoe, kayak, motorcycle or car — we’ll tell you how to find our favorite hikes, rides, scenic views, rivers and waterfalls
- Discover the unique shops and wonderful restaurants in downtown Lexington and Staunton
- Sample local wines and hand-crafted beers
- Follow the footsteps of two Civil War heroes: Visit the Robert E. Lee Chapel and Museum and tour Stonewall Jackson’s home.
- Uncover the secrets of Historic Lexington and Staunton: take a horse-drawn carriage ride or ghost tour
- Go underground and tour a cave, or take flight and go soaring
- Get up close and personal with the critters at the Virginia Safari Park
- Be awestruck at Natural Bridge, best described as one of the “seven wonders of the natural world”
- Uncover the perfect treasure along the Route 11’s “Antique Alley“
- Stroll the campuses of Washington & Lee University and Virginia Military Institute
Come, stay with us, and experience the tranquility and beauty here in the Shenandoah Valley and Blue Ridge Mountains. We hope you can visit with us soon!
P.S. Be sure to check out our Specials and Packages — we update them frequently
Cathy and Mike, Innkeepers